System monitoring is an essential but often-overlooked part of production software deployment – it’s as critical as security, but rarely given the same attention.
In current scenario, most of the application architectures are turning distributed for reliability and scalability reasons. Monoliths are turning into cohesive microservices. Applications started adopting polyglot databases hence NOSQL and distributed databases are now new normal. Considering this, managing operations are becoming more and more challenging. It is very hard to spot issues instantly in complex and heterogeneous systems. If you are a system administrator, you already know.
Considering above phenomenon, if any of the services goes down or becomes unavailable then all of sudden dependent application starts behaving strangely. How someone gets to know about it before it is too late or customers starts suffering? Its costly affair if customer spots a wrong behaviour. Immense efforts are invested due to process overhead and root-cause analysis.
How about turning the process upside down? Report the issue directly to the concerned developer/administrator as soon as it occurs and it gets resolved even before customer notices it? Yes, we have answers to these questions and helped our customers to have their operations running this way resulting into multi-fold cost savings.
Following information is always evident in production:
- Application logs
- System metrics
- Health check endpoints
Considering above information so valuable for operations, we offer following solutions around the subject:
- Application health monitoring
- Unified infrastructure monitoring that scales with growing enterprise
- Custom dashboards to meet unique needs of each stakeholder
- Better business insights through application usage analytics
- Near real-time alerting
- Real-time interactive dashboards
- Application Performance Monitoring
Once done right, these implementations will result into:
- Drastically improved speed and accuracy of triaging issues
- Efficient operations
- Effortless scaling
- Better informed business decisions
- Optimized performance due to end-to-end visibility